Our generous donor community has made it possible for Torrance Education Foundation to contribute in excess of $4 million in support of TUSD. Since 1992, TEF has been partnering with our District and our Educators to ensure Torrance students have as many advantages as we can give them for educational success.
In the past five years, with contributions both large and small, TEF has supported key innovative and creative undertakings that are shaping students’ learning experiences. Among our many contributions,
- TEF paid to acquire, install, and maintain WiFi technology in all TUSD schools. Teachers and students can now access the internet on all campuses for learning tools and research;
- TEF funds paid for a fully equipped District computer learning laboratory for faculty and staff training purposes;
- TEF underwrote the cost of mandated Common Core training in literacy, math, and science for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, including placing substitute instructors in all classrooms during the months when TUSD teachers attended the mandated training courses;
- TEF launched its STEM Initiative grants in 2014. In 2015, more than $25,000 was awarded earlier in November to TUSD teachers for classroom and after-school projects focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math principles;
- TEF continues to annually support Academic Decathlon and Robotics teams that earn statewide recognition;
- TEF provides scholarships to graduating seniors at all five high schools with funds provided by both corporate and individual partners;
- TEF sponsors middle school leadership workshops, and
- TEF administers the South Bay Enrichment Academy, which improves classroom performance and college readiness by enrolling more than 2,000 Torrance area children annually in an accredited summer school program.
We invite you to join us. Donate to Torrance Education Foundation today, and let us welcome you to our growing donor community.