Torrance Education Foundation is proud to thank every donor who is helping us make a difference in the lives of the students and the community we serve.
In the past five years, with contributions both large and small from the generous donors in our community, TEF has supported key innovative and creative undertakings that shape students’ learning experiences. Among our many contributions,
- TEF put WiFi technology in all TUSD schools.
- TEF built a fully equipped District computer learning laboratory for faculty and staff training purposes;
- TEF provided Common Core training in literacy, math, and science for elementary, middle, and high school teachers
- TEF underwrote substitute instructors during Common Core training;
- TEF launched its STEM Initiative grants. In 2015, more than $25,000 was granted to 31 TUSD teachers for classroom and after-school projects focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math principles;
- TEF continues to support Academic Decathlon and Robotics teams that earn statewide recognition;
- TEF awarded scholarships to graduating Seniors at all five high schools with funds provided by both corporate and individual partners.
- TEF sponsors middle school leadership workshops
- And, TEF runs the South Bay Enrichment Academy accredited summer school for more than 2,000 Torrance area children every year.
At Torrance Education Foundation, we are committed to helping TUSD include the programs and enriched education we all know our students need to compete with other districts and states. All 24,000 TUSD students rely on us to help meet their individual learning and enrichment needs.
It is our privilege to thank the donors and sponsors whose gifts make all this and more possible.
“… An investment in the Torrance Education Foundation can only be considered an investment in the future of our community.” – Patrick J. Furey, Torrance Mayor